When a new firmware release is available for Tablo, your iOS, Android and web-based apps will notify you of its availability and prompt you to install it.
If you would like to double check to see if your current firmware version is the most up-to-date, you can do so from the "About" section of your settings page. This can again be done from your iOS, Android, or web-based apps:
If no "Update Tablo Device" button is present, then your Tablo is completely up to date.
Some things to note about firmware updates:
- Do not reset your Tablo during the update process - this can cause faults on your hard drive.
- When it is powered on, your Tablo checks every 4 hours to see if an update is available.
- App updates for iOS, Android and Roku may take a few hours to appear.
- If you initialize a firmware update during a recording, this will cause your recording to fail.
- You can choose to delay the firmware update, but please try to keep your Tablo as up-to-date as possible to enjoy an optimal experience.