When a new firmware release is available for Tablo, your iOS, Android, web-based, and Roku apps will notify you of its availability and prompt you to install it.
iOS, Android, and Web-Based App Update Instructions
Upon connecting to your Tablo through the Tablo app, you will be notified if there is an update available.
If you are already connected to your Tablo and would like to double check to see if your current firmware version is the most up-to-date, you can do so from the "About" section of your settings page. This can again be done from your iOS, Android, or web-based apps:
If no "Update Tablo Device" button is present, then your Tablo is completely up to date.
Roku Update Instructions
If an update is available for your Tablo when you open the Tablo app, you will see a notification on your screen prompting you to either update your Tablo or postpone the update until a later time.
If you have postponed a firmware update or would like to check if one is available, select your Tablo's name from the menu within the Roku app to open the settings page. Scroll all the way to the bottom until you reach the "About" section. You will either have a button that reads "New Update Available" or "Check for Firmware Update".
Once your firmware update is underway, you will see the progress indicated on your screen.
When the firmware update finishes, your Tablo will reboot and you will be returned to your Tablo app.
Some things to note about firmware updates:
- Do not reset your Tablo during the update process - this can cause faults on your hard drive.
- When it is powered on, your Tablo checks every 4 hours to see if an update is available.
- App updates for iOS, Android and Roku may take a few hours to appear.
- If you initialize a firmware update during a recording, this will cause your recording to fail.
- You can choose to delay the firmware update, but please try to keep your Tablo as up-to-date as possible to enjoy an optimal experience.