When a new firmware release is available for Tablo, your iOS, Android and web-based apps will notify you of its availability and prompt you to install it.
Some things to note about firmware updates:
- Do not reset your Tablo during the update process - this can cause faults on your hard drive.
- When it is powered on, your Tablo checks every 4 hours to see if an update is available.
- App updates for iOS, Android and Roku may take a few hours to appear.
- If you initialize a firmware update during a recording, this will cause your recording to fail.
- You can choose to delay the firmware update, but please try to keep your Tablo as up-to-date as possible to enjoy an optimal experience.