NOTE: If you are trying to factory reset your network connected Tablo DVR, use this article.
If you are trying to reset your Tablo 4th Gen, visit this article.
What is a factory reset?
When a factory reset is performed on the Tablo DUAL HDMI or Tablo QUAD HDMI, it is restored to its 'out-of-the-box' state and is essentially running as a new unit. The Tablo DUAL HDMI or QUAD HDMI database and all troubleshooting logs will be erased, along with all recordings and recording schedules available on the attached hard drive.
Your Tablo DUAL HDMI or QUAD HDMI's current firmware version will be maintained during the factory reset.
You may wish to perform a factory reset on Tablo for one of the following reasons:
- You are selling your Tablo DUAL HDMI or QUAD HDMI
- You are giving your Tablo DUAL HDMI or QUAD HDMI to a new owner
- You have tried absolutely everything else to fix your Tablo (including talking to our amazing Tablo Support representatives).
A factory reset should not be attempted as a troubleshooting step and should only be done as a last resort by someone who knows what they’re doing.
By factory resetting the device, any and all old data accumulated during your usage of the device is erased including information that could be critical for Tablo Support representatives to provide accurate troubleshooting assistance.
Before attempting a factory reset, we recommend trying some of the more basic troubleshooting steps found in this article of the Tablo Knowledge base.
If these steps do not successfully solve your issue, we recommend consulting the Tablo Knowledge Base, Tablo Community or Tablo Support team for further assistance.
If you would still like to proceed with a factory reset, the steps are as follows:
WARNING: Proceeding with the factory reset steps below will erase all recordings and recording schedules from your Tablo HDMI.
- Remove the hard drive (if attached) from your Tablo DUAL HDMI or QUAD HDMI
- Remove the power adapter from the Tablo DUAL HDMI or QUAD HDMI
- Insert a small pin through the hole located on the bottom of the Tablo DUAL HDMI or QUAD HDMI
- Insert power adapter to the Tablo DUAL HDMI or QUAD HDMI while holding the pin in place
- Wait for "erasing" message on screen, release pin
- Wait for the Tablo DUAL HDMI or QUAD HDMI to boot up
- You will then be guided through the Setup Guide