If the Automatic Commercial Skip feature does not seem to be working on your Tablo, please take the following troubleshooting steps...
1. Ensure You Have an Active or Trial Premium Service Subscription
Tablo's Automatic Commercial Skip feature requires an active or trial Premium Service subscription.
You can verify your subscription status within the SETTINGS screen of any Tablo app.
If you are not within your 30-day free trial, you must purchase a Premium Service subscription via the Tablo account portal at account.tablotv.com.
Have purchased a Premium Service subscription but not seeing it as active? Hit the REFRESH button in the SUBSCRIPTION section of any Tablo app to sync your subscription with your Tablo.
2. Ensure You Have Enabled Commercial Skip Detection Within SETTINGS
Once you've verified your Premium Service subscription status, you must enable Commercial Skip Detection within the SETTINGS screen of your Tablo app.
This will tell your Tablo to start uploading portions of eligible, newly completed recordings to the Tablo Commercial Skip servers for processing.
Please note that a minimum internet upload speed of 1 Mbps is required but 3 Mbps is recommended for this feature.
3. Check For Recording Success/Failure Messages on Completed Recordings
Once you have enabled Commercial Skip Detection within SETTINGS, eligible completed recordings will be processed and a new Automatic Commercial Skip playlist will be downloaded to your Tablo.
This may take several hours depending on the length of the recording, the time of day, and the speed/stability of your internet connection.
Recordings that were successfully processed will show a yellow checkmark in the airing details screen.
As well as in lists of recordings such as RECENT.
Recordings that have failed the Commercial Skip Detection process will be marked with a red X and provide a relevant error message.
NOTE - Automatic Commercial Skip success/failure messages and indicators are not available on the following apps even though the apps support this feature in the player - original Tablo app for Fire TV/Android TV, iOS & Android mobile, & web.
4. Ensure You Have Not Disabled Automatic Commercial Skip Within the Player
If you are playing a recording that has been marked with 'Commercial Skip is ready' and you are not seeing the player automatically skip commercials, you may have accidentally disabled skips within the playback window.
If this is the case, the identified commercial segments will be marked in grey versus yellow.
You can easily re-enable or disable skips within the playback window of any supported Tablo app.
- On Roku - Press down on the D-pad for Options
- On TABLO PREVIEW on Amazon Fire TV/Android TV - Press down on the D-pad for SETTINGS
- On the ORIGINAL Tablo app on Amazon Fire TV/Android TV - Press and hold the SELECT button for SETTINGS
- On Apple TV - Swipe down on the touchpad for Settings
- On iOS/Android mobile - Toggle the Commercial Skip icon
- On web - Toggle the Commercial Skip icon
If you have followed these troubleshooting steps and are still encountering issues with Automatic Commercial Skip, please touch base with Tablo Support with as much detail as possible regarding what you're seeing including the name of the show and air date where you are not seeing skips occur.