If you've been using an unsupported form of storage (like a USB Flash drive), and need to transition to a supported drive, or are simply transitioning to a larger drive for recording storage, take the following steps:
1. Remove the unsupported/old storage from your Tablo's USB port (or from the SATA slot for Tablo QUAD 1TB models).
3. Reboot your Tablo by tapping its blue reset button. Wait 1-2 minutes for the Tablo's blue LED to stop flashing.
4. Connect to your Tablo using the Android, iOS, or web-based application.
5. Within 10-15 seconds, you should receive an on-screen format prompt which will format your new hard drive for use with Tablo. If you do not receive this prompt, navigate to the Settings screen.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts, ensuring to type the word FORMAT in all caps.
All future recordings will be saved to this disk.
NOTE - Any recordings which were saved to your previous drive will no longer be accessible. There is no supported method for transferring recordings from one drive to another.