Have you ever wondered what your Tablo was trying to tell you when the LED blinks? Here's a quick guide:
- Blinking rapidly (4/sec) – Tablo is starting up, initial phase (OS is loading)
- Blinking slowly (1/sec) – Tablo is starting up, second phase (Tablo software is loading)
- SOS (three short flashes, three long flashes, three short flashes) – Tablo software is unable to start. Power cycle the unit.
- Pulsing –If your Tablo is using firmware version 2.2.26 or above, its blue LED will pulse when it is ready to be added to your Wi-Fi network. (This blink is not present on TV-connected DVRs like Tablo DUAL HDMI)
- Solid – Tablo is on, connected and your LED setting is On
- Off – Either Tablo has no power (unplugged) or Tablo is on and your LED setting is off
Note* If the Tablo continually blinks at 1/sec, or is pulsing, it may not have connectivity to your network. If the Tablo is set up to a wireless network, and it continues to blink in this pattern indefinitely, it likely needs to be added to your Wi-Fi network. Instructions to do this can be found here.