If you would like to access your Tablo with a compatible device, you will need to download and install the Tablo app.
NOTE- Legacy Tablo apps are not compatible with the new 4th generation Tablo models and the new Tablo app experience apps are not compatible with legacy Tablo models.
You can differentiate the correct type of Tablo app for your device model by the app icons.
Tablo apps for 4th Generation Tablo models are light blue and white with a dark blue background. Tablo apps for legacy Tablo models are light blue and orange with white accents.
If you are not able to find the Tablo app on your device, it may not be supported.
New Tablo App Experience Apps (for 4th Generation Tablo Devices)
- Tablo app on iOS
- Tablo app on Android mobile
- Tablo app on Roku
- Tablo app on Amazon Fire TV
- Tablo app on Android TV
- Tablo app on Google TV
You can find instructions for how to do this on different device types below:
- Roku (including Smart TVs powered by Roku)
- Amazon Fire TV (including Smart TVs powered by Amazon Fire TV)
- Android TV (including Smart TVs powered by Android TV)
- Android Smartphone or Tablet*
- iPhone or iPad*
- Windows PC*
* These apps are NOT compatible with TV-connected Tablo models (Tablo DUAL HDMI & Tablo QUAD HDMI)
Roku (including Smart TVs powered by Roku)
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote. It will look like this:
- Using the direction pad on your Roku remote scroll up or down and select Streaming Channels by pressing the OK button to open the Channel Store.
- Scroll down and select Search Channels by pressing the OK button located in the center of your direction pad.
- This will bring up a keyboard so that you can type in ‘Tablo’.
- Scroll over to ‘Tablo’ from the top of the search result and press the OK button on your remote to open the details.
- Select ‘Add Channel’ to install the channel onto your Roku device. If you have a Roku account PIN, then you will be required to enter it.
- After this has been downloaded, you can press the home button once more. This will bring you back to the main screen of your Roku. If you scroll down, you will see that the Tablo app is located at the bottom of the list.
Amazon FireTV (including Smart TVs powered by Amazon FireTV)
- From the main menu, locate “Find’ or the magnifying glass symbol on your FireTV. Next, you will scroll down to where it says ‘Search’. From there you can type in ‘Tablo’
- You can also use your voice to search the Tablo App. Just press the voice button on your Alexa Voice Remote and say ‘Tablo’.
- Select the Tablo for Amazon FireTV from the list.
- Select Get to start your download.
- Once this has been downloaded, you can press the home button on your FireTV remote to get back to the main menu. The Tablo app will be in the App section with all your other downloaded apps.
Android TV (including Smart TVs powered by Android TV)
- From the home screen, scroll to Apps using the direction pad on your remote.
- Select the Google Play Store App. It will look like this:
- At the top of the screen select ‘Search’ and enter ‘Tablo’ into the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the ‘Tablo’ app from the available list of apps and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app.
Android Smartphone or Tablet
- Open the Google Plays Store app. It will look like this:
- The search option will be located at the top of the app. Select this and search for Tablo
- Select Install, and the Tablo app will be installed on your smartphone or tablet.
- When the installation is complete the ‘Install’ button will become an ‘Open’ button. Tapping this will launch the app. The app will also be located within the apps section of your device.
iPhone or iPad
- Using your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store app.
- Tap ‘Search’ which is located at the bottom of the screen on the right, and search for ‘Tablo’.
- Select the Tablo App that looks like this:
- Tap on the ‘Get’ button. If you see a cloud icon instead, this means that you have previously downloaded this app. You can select the cloud to download the app again.
- This will automatically be downloaded onto your iPhone or iPad’s home screen.
- Using your Apple TV remote, open the App Store app.
- From there you can select Search. This should be located on the top right.
- Type in Tablo, and select it from the search results.
- From the Tablo information page, you can select the ‘Get’ button. If you see a
cloud icon instead, this means that you have previously downloaded this app. You
can select the cloud to download the app again.
- Once the app has been downloaded you will be able to find it with all other apps on
your Apple TV.
- Open the Microsoft Store and at the top, you will see a Search bar.
- Type ‘Tablo’ into the search bar and you will see the search results appear below.
- Select ‘Tablo’ from the list of results. This will bring you to a page with more information about the app.
- Select the ‘Get’ button that is located on the right side of the window. This will prompt the Microsoft Store to download and install the app.
- You may also be asked to log in to your Microsoft account in order to complete this.
- This app will now be located in the Start menu, under ‘All Apps’