Setting up a Network Connected Tablo is quick and easy. To start, you will need the following:
When you open your Network Connected Tablo box, you will find the following in the box:
- Your Network Connected Tablo OTA DVR
- A quick start guide
- Your Tablo's power adapter
- An ethernet cable
Now that your Network Connected Tablo is out of the box, you can set it up as follows:
- Start by placing your Tablo near your antenna. Then connect your OTA antenna to your Tablo by using your antenna’s coaxial cable. Ensure that your antenna is well placed as high as possible and near your window if possible. You can find some tips on antenna placement here.
- Next, install your external USB Hard Drive by connecting it to the USB port in the back of your Tablo. Ensure the hard drive is placed beside, and not on the Tablo.
- If possible, connect your Tablo directly to your router using the included ethernet cable. If that is not possible, you will be able to connect your Tablo to Wi-Fi later in the setup.
- You are now ready to power your Tablo on by plugging in the included power adapter. The blue LED light will turn on to indicate the unit is booting up.
- Download and install the latest Tablo app onto your Android or iOS phone or tablet and follow the instructions on the screen. If you run into trouble connecting your Tablo to Wi-Fi, the setup can also be done from a computer. You may find the setup guides for every setup device here.
- Follow the directions on screen, the Tablo setup wizard will walk you through formatting your hard drive and performing your first channel scan.
- To watch Tablo on your TV, navigate to your TVs app store and download the Tablo app. The Tablo app is available on Roku, Fire TV, Android/Google TV, and Apple TV. It is also available on Android and Apple phones and tablets, as well as through a web browser at my.tablotv.com.