Setting up a TV-Connected Tablo is quick and easy. To start, you will need the following:
- Your TV Connected Tablo
- Your external USB Hard Drive - we recommend between 1TB to 8TB
- Your Over the Air (OTA) antenna
When you open your TV-Connected Tablo, you will find the following in the box:
- Your TV-Connected Tablo OTA DVR
- Your Tablos Remote
- AAA batteries for the remote
- Your Tablos power adapter
- An HDMI Cable
- An ethernet cable
Now that your TV-Connected Tablo is out of the box, you can set it up as follows:
- Start by placing your Tablo near your TV. Then connect your OTA antenna to your Tablo by using your antenna’s coaxial cable. Ensure that your Tablo is well placed as high as possible and near your window if possible. You can find some tips on antenna placement here.
- Next, install your external USB Hard Drive by connecting it to the USB port in the back of your Tablo. Ensure the hard drive is placed besides, and not on the Tablo.
- If possible, connect your Tablo directly to your router using the included ethernet cable. If that is not possible, you will be able to connect your Tablo to Wi-Fi later in the setup.
- Continue by connecting the included HDMI cable to your Tablo on one end, and your TVs HDMI port on the other end.
- You are now ready to power your Tablo on by plugging in the included power adapter. The blue LED light will turn on to indicate the unit is booting up. If you do not see anything on screen, ensure your TVs HDMI input is set to the HDMI port your Tablo is plugged in to.
- Use your Tablo remote and follow the instructions on screen. You will be guided through connecting your Tablo to Wi-Fi if you’re not using ethernet, formatting your hard drive, and performing your first channel scan.